Fluted Domes Redux

John Schapekahm
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Fluted Domes Redux

South Park
 Alright, Mister Smarty-pants ...  if those are to be referred to as FLUTED
domes, what are we to call THESE ???

Re: Fluted Domes Redux

South Park
  BTW - what a great looking bunch of locomotives (spare the 1920's Otto
Perry shot).  Too few big stack/ringed dome/box headlight locomotives are
with us today.  Is it just me, or do others like more profile variation than a
long black tube ?  Pre-1900 aesthetics were much better in my book.

Re: Fluted Domes Redux

John Schapekahm
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Fluted Domes Redux

Robert Stears
The sand dome on #30 is a typical Rogers locomotive and machine works product. Most probably off an old UP standard gauge Rogers built locomotive.

Bob

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 25, 2016, at 6:32 PM, John Schapekahm [via C&Sng Discussion Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

South Park wrote
Alright, Mister Smarty-pants ...  if those are to be referred to as FLUTED
domes, what are we to call THESE ???
OK - - - I see a couple different flavors of so-called fluted domes. So what?!? Too bad you weren’t around 150+ years ago to have set the semantically challenged Baldwin Locomotive Works folks straight - and thusly spared the ensuing generations, and now us, the discombobulation.

Tell you what - I'll concede if Mallory Hope Ferrell comes around and disavows his research, and, his clear and concise dissertation on the subject, in deference to your insights ...

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/Fluted-Domes-Redux-tp6606p6640.html
To start a new topic under C&Sng Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from C&Sng Discussion Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: Fluted Domes Redux

Chris Walker
OR maybe off one of those Rogers K class Yankee Flyers huh?

Re: Fluted Domes Redux

Robert Stears
You bet.

Sent from my iPhone