Dickey Doin's 4/18 Crossbucks and Privys

Dickey Doin's 4/18 Crossbucks and Privys

Greetings. Tim Schreiner visited Dickey last evening and left his mark with a pair of his excellent, and Bona-Fide, C&S Crossbucks for the Depot crossing.

Also, Joe Crea has left another mark here after having printed artwork for an Equally Bonafide C&S Privy in the background. Yes, this is one of Joe's wonderful Cereal Box creations that is fast becoming famous across not only the Fruited Plain, but the entire "Weld" (Aussie Speak). I sent him a copy of the C&S Drawings found in the archives here and he made up artwork for both the Single and Double Houses. I haven't completed assembly of the Double yet, that will be forthcoming soon. But as you can see, that thing is absolutely appropriate for all of our needs, such as they may be. Joe says he can print these in all scales (Probably even Large Scale as these are small), and I will cover any costs to get them printed if interested. Shipping can be arranged. But anyone local in the greater Denver area is encouraged to simply stop by the Dickey Station and pick them up.

As to the Crossbucks, I hope Tim can post a Topic here on how he creates these excellent and most appropriate and necessary signs.

My Dad, who grew up on the C&S as a kid long before my time used to tell a joke from his childhood, that goes right along with this.

"Railroad Crossing-Look Out For the Cars. Can you spell that without any R's?" If you are struggling with this, I'll post the answer in the next post.

In the last week, I have had 18 visitors here and will make arrangements to show the layout to anyone interested by appointment. Out of towners are welcome as well. Just drop me a line. or call or text.

Yesterday was the first meeting of the resurrected "Narrow Gauge Circle" in Denver, and I was very happy to meet several members of our C&Sng Forum there and was encouraged by many of your comments. They are always welcome.

Re: Dickey Doin's 4/18 Crossbucks and Privys

Tim Schreiner
Those look awesome!!! I will consider starting a topic on how I made them. Right now I’m recovering from driving 13 straight hours from Dickey, back to Eastern Oklahoma, or what I should refer to as East Park.

Re: Dickey Doin's 4/18 Crossbucks and Privys

Wow, Mike, Dickey is sure coming along, now to the detailing stage. Looking great!

I could use several of Jan's "Patented Printed Privies" in S scale, both the single and double versions. How do I order them from you or Jan?? I'm not privy to Keith's plans, but I suspect that Leadville could use a few.

And Tim, please do a post on how you made the cross-bucks. The poles weren't always striped:

Re: Dickey Doin's 4/18 Crossbucks and Privys

Tim Schreiner
They also used different type posts as well. Two types here in one picture.

Re: Dickey Doin's 4/18 Crossbucks and Privys

Jim, or anyone else interested, send me an email at mtrent476@gmail.com and include how many and what scale you would like. He has a single and a double on each page in On3. I'll check with Joe about how many per page for other scales tomorrow.