DSP&P and CC boxcars near Graymont,CO

Robert McFarland
Check out CHS.J884 "Torrey's Peak From Greymont"-look closely and you can find a DSP&P and a CC boxcar.Also type in History Colorado for a lot of neat stuff

Re: DSP&P and CC boxcars near Graymont,CO

John Greenly
Hi Robert,

I give up.  I can't find "CHS.J884".  The only image I can find of "Torrey's Peak from Graymont" is the third one in this list:

http://5008.sydneyplus.com/HistoryColorado_ArgusNet_Final/Portal.aspx?lang=en-US&g_AAFC=HistoryColorado_ArgusNet_Final+%7cObject+%7c%25SsearAtta+%3d+%27graymont%27&d=d

and I can't see anything railroad-ish at all in it.

Would you please post a link to the image you're referring to?

thanks,
John Greenly

John Greenly
Lansing, NY

Re: DSP&P and CC boxcars near Graymont,CO

Robert McFarland
Go to the DPL Home page  and type in History Colorado-this will give you about 200 pages of photos.The third photo in the site you found is the correct one but you need to use the DPL site as you can get better magnification.Look  at the trees in the bottom left hand corner right above the printing on the photo.The branches of the tree form a "hole" where you can see what looks like two sheds down in the valley.Closer magnification shows that they are two boxcars.

Re: DSP&P and CC boxcars near Graymont,CO

John Greenly
Thanks!

here's a blowup of the cars:

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll21/id/6934/rv/singleitem/rec/1

that's a very convenient hole in the shrubbery, W.H. Jackson was having fun that day!

The proportions are right for a 27' DSP&P and a 24' CC boxcar.

Cheers,
John

John Greenly
Lansing, NY

History Colorado-C&S Passenger Trains at Loop bridge

Robert McFarland
Check out DPL CHS.J1484-I  haven't seen this one before

Re: History Colorado-C&S Passenger Trains at Loop bridge

Doug Heitkamp
Robert,

The number you need to reference is the call number:

Doug Heitkamp
Centennial, CO

Re: History Colorado-C&S Passenger Trains at Loop bridge

CHS.J1484 That was a call number, Doug.  Provided Robert enters it correctly, rather than CHS.J1484-I    There are many variations on the call number, I like to play lottery and type in random numbers to see what I get. e.g. Z-223

And to make these cryptic Posts a little easier, just enter the call number only into the SEARCH PHOTOGRAPH box.

Of course this will only work at the DPL, which Robert often fails to mention.

Re: History Colorado-C&S Passenger Trains at Loop bridge

Doug Heitkamp

Thanks Chris for the correct call number. Here is a direct link:

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/p15330coll21/id/7826/rec/1
Doug Heitkamp
Centennial, CO

Re: History Colorado-C&S Passenger Trains at Loop bridge

Robert McFarland wrote
Check out DPL CHS.J1484-I  haven't seen this one before

Robert,

photo is in DSP&P Pict. Supt.