Chris' Idaho Springs Photo on NGDF

Robert McFarland
Chris Walker posted a photo  on NGDF  to indicate the location  of a photograph currently on  eBay.The photo Chris used  is MCC-368 by L.C. McClure,showing mining properties near the Stanley Mines.It is listed on NGDF under "Question".

Re: Chris' Idaho Springs Photo on NGDF

The photo on Ebay is a Lachlan McLean photo showing a trackgang at work on the Colorado Central opposite the Plutus Smelter West of I.S., just shy of where the currently existing Stanley Con. Mines bulding is located.  I used a DPL photo by McClure to identify and illustrate the location for those NGDGF readers.

The McLean photo in question was also shown in the Sundance  Colorado Central from the collection of Dan Abbott.

Here is that particular view.  The depth of these views by McClure taken around I.S. is incredible.
http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/77738/rv/singleitem/rec/1

Re: Chris' Idaho Springs Photo on NGDF

John Schapekahm
CONTENTS DELETED