Can you identify these locations?

Todd Hackett
If so, you know more than whoever wrote the captions.

I often rely on information written on photographs to identify locations and dates. I usually assume that a hand-written date is accurate, but I have seen two prints of the same photo with different dates (different day, month and year). Captions printed on the front of 19th century prints are almost always accurate, sometimes very detailed and other times a bit vague or misleading. And then there are these:

Re: Can you identify these locations?

Chris Walker
Photo one  Central City. mislabeled Georgetown. Teller House sign visible.
two  Central City.
three  Gregory Gulch looking down to Black Hawk about the location of the Bobtail Mine.
four  Pavilion at  Beaver Brook
five  Big Fill on the Georgetown Loop, common in a number of Libraries and in format still labelled Royal Gorge.
see https://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/510d47e1-61e2-a3d9-e040-e00a18064a99

Todd,

I can relate, the best example is one I've had in for correction at the DPL for over a year or longer and still History Colorado refuse to acknowledge my "contribution" as to the obvious location.  They suck!

Re: Can you identify these locations?

South Park
 1.  Tokyo, Japan, 1971
 2.  Seneca, Kansas, 1980
 3.  U.S. Capitol, 1899
 4.  Keralla, India, date unknown

  Close enough for publishing, right ?

Re: Can you identify these locations?

Robert McFarland
When were you in Seneca?Me and my folks in Sabetha 1954-58.

Re: Can you identify these locations?

South Park
  My familiarity with Seneca comes via a chap named Jerry Wolk, a telephone
lineman and insulator collector out of Overland Park.  He was up around Seneca
in 1969-70 doing contract work, wrecking out the old openwire, and he found
some wing-ding glass around there.  One piece in particular, a light sca colored
1871 Patent pony, found on a farmer line about 2 miles south of town, is one of
just a couple known.  I was able to purchase this piece from Jerry, sparking his
interest to go back to the area on a day trip and have a look around.  He called
me to say that the pole was still standing, so guess who drove to Seneca to go
retrieve it ?

Re: Can you identify these locations?

Robert McFarland
My stepfather,Albert Lewis,was the grade school principal at Sabetha,KS from 1954 to1958.