CONX 14

Re: Take Two. Hold The Phone Keith.

Chris Walker
All Squared away Mate.

Denver Public Library  OP-6347

Re: Take Two.

Anyone have a period IMFLAMMABLE placard? I need a bunch!

Hey Keith, B.T.S. has S scale hazard placards for sale as peel and stick signs:

They are sold as 24 for $5.00, see here: https://www.btsrr.com/btsdet01.htm

Scroll down the page to "S Scale ROLLING STOCK DECALS & SIGNS".

BTW, hazard placards weren't just for tank cars. Boxcars carrying drums of flammable liquids or explosives also were required to carry them, on the ends and on the sides (usually on the doors):

Rico, Colorado, c.1925

Denver, 1937

Is it done?

Keith Hayes

Mr. Student has kindly provided the correct placard art from Tarriff No. 1. This will shortly be on the way to Mr. Meredith for the proper placard decals

A Family Portrait

Keith Hayes

A family portrait of the CONX fleet. 14 and 5 are on the near track. 5 is a Weissman kit. 8 and 10 are next behind--both PSC brass models. 25 is the silver tank with green lettering in the rear, a PBL model. 25 needs some work: it is difficult to get on the track and once on it does not like to stay on the rails.

Once I get some placards, my tank car modelling is finished.

Re: A Family Portrait

Excellent scene, Keith. Congratulations on the tanks!

Re: A Family Portrait

Lee Gustafson
Keith,

“Tanks” for the family tank car fleet portrait. You do outstanding work and the latest addition #14 is excellent.

Lee Gustafson
123