C&S 4319 restoration work

Norm Acker
Morning folks! It's been a busy week of stencil cutting and lettering for us up in Como. She's looking better than she has in a long time!

4319number.jpg

4319button.jpg

4319a-end.jpg

20220720_092729_copy_1612x907.jpg

20220719_130311_copy_907x1612.jpg

Norm in Littleton, CO
 - on the C&S Silica Branch

Re: C&S 4319 restoration work

Norm Acker
My apologies for the image links vs inserted images in my earlier post, it was a little early...  :)

The artwork for the button stencil was created from this ancient relic that we discovered under a pile of tin stencils in the CRRM's parts boxcar. It's 29 inches in diameter, and seems to be shop-built, and is probably over 80 years old. There are no notes or dates on it, and the stencil is made from a coated canvas material with stencil support wires clipped at the wire intersections with metal tabs. It wasn't previously part of our collection, but hopefully  it'll be joining other artifacts there shortly. I'm working on creating a modern version for future use on the 1009 and 1113 repaint projects.

(The stencil for 4319 is 24 inches in diameter, I reduced the size after tracing the image in Adobe Illustrator. The coal car buttons in photos scaled out to be smaller than the ancient stencil.)

Norm in Littleton, CO
 - on the C&S Silica Branch

Re: C&S 4319 restoration work

pizlinard72
Great job and beautiful work! Thank you for keeping history alive.
Best, Christian