C&S #76

This is my original #76, recently upgraded with complete tender rebuild. #74 behind.
The full length Dickey Enginehouse, built for my Boulder layout in about 1985 is in the background. I will post several pictures in the next few days of other structures Todd built for this layout. This particular one was built, as it was always intended for use in a corner, using 1/4" thick Foam Core Board with Grandt windows and individually applied 1X2 battons. It's held up very well, considering some pretty varied use over the years.

C&S #76 at Dickey Enginehouse

Re: C&S #76

This photo shows the tenders of #76 and #74 from an elevated view. Note that #76's locker boxes are mounted sideways and are shorter than the actual side sheets. In some photos, it appears that there are no lockers, but that the coal actually reaches the front corners, visible over the side sheets. It took some strained eyes, and some noodling to get this figured out. But I am confident that this is how they were configured. As a result, the upper coal gate is much smaller, and is exactly as it appears in photos.

76-74 tenders

Re: C&S #76

Derrell Poole
Very nice, Mike. Your attention to the historic details is delicious. To me every model has the potential to tell a story true to the events and things of history. I think this is what I appreciate the most about Proto modeling - which is what we all obviously strive for. You have a great collection of the C&S giants as we should remember them. I'm glad you were able to get your original models back - sorta envious of that. I'll be looking forward to more views.

Re: C&S #76

DRGWK37
Mike very nice indeed and I love all the little details you've added.  Really setting the bar high--which is good motivating me to make my models look half as nice as yours.  Really like the engine house--looks like it was quite a structure.

William
aka drgwk37

Re: C&S #76

Mike, is that the clinker hook on the hooks above the gate?