C&S 1903 Locomotive Folio Sheets

Jim Courtney

I just forwarded the scanned C&S 1903 Locomotive Folio Book to our moderator.  I am sure that if Darel can ever get Roper off the computer (always looking for Saturday snapshots), he will post them in the "Files" section in due course.

The 1903 Folio book is evidently the oldest surviving folio book for C&S locomotives.  I only have copies of sheets for the narrow gauge engines, though the original book had sheets for all the standard gauge engines of that era as well.

The class designations (B-3-C, B-4-D, etc.) weren't devised until later, so I added them to the file names for better identification.  Some locomotives (the rebuilt Cooke 4-10 and the Baldwin 63-70) have additional sheets, probably added to the book at a later date.

My originals are blue print copies, and the individual sheets scan variably, some more legibly than others.

There are no sheets for the Brooks Moguls (numbers 2 & 3) as they had been sold by 1903.  I don't know why the sheet for the Mason Bogie (number 1) is in the book, as it was off the roster by 1903.  I doubt anyone will complain that I have included it.

Next up, I'll start scanning my copy of C&S Folio No. 27, for freight cars, cabooses and MOW equipment.

Jim

Re: C&S 1903 Locomotive Folio Sheets

Robert Stears
Thanks ver much Jim!

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 3, 2015, at 11:59 AM, Jim Courtney [via C&Sn3 Discussion Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://c-sn3-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/C-S-1903-Locomotive-Folio-Sheets-tp3551.html
To start a new topic under C&Sn3 Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from C&Sn3 Discussion Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: C&S 1903 Locomotive Folio Sheets

Jeff Young
Thanks, Jim!

Re: C&S 1903 Locomotive Folio Sheets

Todd A Ferguson
Jim,

This is great historic information.
Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Best,
Todd Ferguson
Harrisburg, NC

Re: C&S 1903 Locomotive Folio Sheets

Darel Leedy
All of the folio sheets have been uploaded to the "Files" section. Roper thanks Jim very much