A forlorn remnant of Kokomo's heyday....

A forlorn remnant of Kokomo's heyday....

Jeff Young
This will be sitting next to a coal bin on the pulled-up D&RG tracks once I get around to Kokomo:

I built it before any of my vehicles for Jefferson because I figured a derelict vehicle would be more forgiving of mistakes.  As it turned out, it went together pretty well, although I think my weathering might be just a bit too strong.

Cheers,
Jeff.

Re: A forlorn remnant of Kokomo's heyday....

South Park
  I like modeling this stuff in full scale.

Re: A forlorn remnant of Kokomo's heyday....

Sweet!

Re: A forlorn remnant of Kokomo's heyday....

Oldbear52
That 1:1 Ford stake bed is sweet!!! I wonder is it a "daily driver"? It would be cool if it was. I hope to find a 1:48 one among others to use on our Kebler Pass Route, a fictious line based loosely on the C&S in the Gunnison area. I just love these pictures! Are there any more of that beautiful T?
Fred aka "Oldbear"

Re: A forlorn remnant of Kokomo's heyday....

South Park
  I don't drive the T EVERY day, but I drive it a lot when the
weather is nice.  It may be slow, but I can haul a LOT of weight,
so it gets a lot of use for as-intended-to-be-used tasks.  No car
shows or silly stuff.  Just wood hauling, boulder moving, haying,
whatever ...

 I swapped out the engine and am building the original for higher
speeds (doing higher gears and an aux. overdrive transmission as
well).  It will be much better as a regular driver then.

Re: A forlorn remnant of Kokomo's heyday....

Jeff Young
I believe this one was being used as a mine hoist motor, or perhaps to move ore carts around (note the cable next to it).  Looks a little worse for the wear, though.

Cheers,
Jeff.

Re: A forlorn remnant of Kokomo's heyday....

Oldbear52
What year is your T? Have you ever watched Fast and Loud on cable? They built up a model A sedan into a 4 cylinder monster.
Oldbear (Fred)

Re: A forlorn remnant of Kokomo's heyday....

Robert McFarland
Could somebody build a T from aftermarket restoration parts?

Re: A forlorn remnant of Kokomo's heyday....

Don Gustavson II
Jeff,
The truck looks great. And I would not change a thing with the weathering. Maybe a person climbing into it. Or someone unloading stuff off of it. As to indicate that in fact it still runs.
HOn3 is the path I have chosen.
The Nearly Historical Railroad.
http://www.nhrailroad.com/

Re: A forlorn remnant of Kokomo's heyday....

South Park
  As mentioned above, no car shows or silly stuff, and by extension, a
purposeful "neglect" of keeping it too shiny and "perfect". Actually, I
wish it wore a heavier patina, but it is what it is.  I will let it patina as I
use it.

  Year ?  They really did not have model years like we are familiar with
today.  The first ones were built in 1918 and made through 1927, when
the Model A was introduced.  One can date the build of a T by the equip-
ment present.  Mine has 1925-and earlier instrument panel, but 1926-
introduced transmission pedals, so this pegs it to a late 25/early 26 build.
The C-cab was introduced in 1923, the box cab like I have in 1924.  All
trucks prior to that had aftermarket cabs built on bare chassis.

  Most people around these parts know it runs, as they get stuck behind
it going down the road !!!

Re: A forlorn remnant of Kokomo's heyday....

South Park
  Many people say that you could build a T from modern reproduction
parts, but a person would need a bunch of original stuff too ...  frame,
engine/drivetrain, and lots of *bits*.  But one of the main reasons I drive
a T and not some other period truck is the fantastic availabilty of parts
and tech support for the T.  It just isn't there for a truck like the Hug you
see behind my T in that first photo.

  Jeff, I think the fan blade is going to need some work before we can make
that T you found run well.

Re: A forlorn remnant of Kokomo's heyday....

Jeff Young
He he… yeah, I’m a little concerned about the front corner knocked off the block too….

Cheers,
Jeff.

Re: A forlorn remnant of Kokomo's heyday....

South Park
  I see another issue .....  the oil filler cap is missing.  Gonna get
messy when we crank her up !

Re: A forlorn remnant of Kokomo's heyday....

Oldbear52
If y'all can get that one running you are going to need a ton of those bits as South Park wrote about. The way he describes his beauty is like the old Johnny Cash song "Hillbilly Cadillac"
Fred. 🚚