Wherezit?

Todd Hackett
Okay, Chris. I'm posting this one while you should be awake so you have a shot at it.

Clue #1: It's on the C&S

Re: Wherezit?

Chris Walker
Never seen any picture including that before, great way to mess up my Sunday evening with my Bird.   She wasn't impressed haha!

Given the down-on angle, the river, multitude of cars and 3 tracks, then my guess is back track is the Nighthawk Br making this South Platte.  No other ideas.

Re: Wherezit?

Derrell Poole
I have to agree to the extent that South Platte fits this view better than any I've looked at - so far. (Now there is a non committal agreement for ya...). To the right would be the section house on this side of the tracks. To the left would be the hotel on the opposite side of the tracks, the depot on this side and a double track curve to the left. The spur from the main and double track continues to the left and curves off to cross the river. We are looking more or less Southwest.

Re: Wherezit?

Todd Hackett
It's not South Platte.
Here's what the area looks like now. I'm not sure I have the exact spot, but it should be fairly close.

Re: Wherezit?

Keith Hayes
Idaho Springs?

Otherwise I would guess Breck, though the houses are not quite right in the new pic.

Oh, OOOOHH, Morrison!

Re: Wherezit?

Todd Hackett
Idaho Springs: No
Breck: No
Morrison: No

Re: Wherezit?

Robert McFarland
Ft.Logan?

Re: Wherezit?

My final shot, and I am going long: Pitkin.

Re: Wherezit?

Darel Leedy
Ha ha Robert. No homes like that near that neighborHOOD.

Re: Wherezit?

Keith Hayes
That's what I'm thinking, Darel.

Too nice for Georgetown, not nice enough for Waterton.

Re: Wherezit?

Darel Leedy
Administrator
Looks like standard gauge cars on the second track to me.

Re: Wherezit?

Tim Schreiner
Denver?

Re: Wherezit?

Todd Hackett
Ft. Logan: No
Pitkin: No
Georgetown: No
Waterton: No
Denver: No
Darel is getting close, though.
Here's a bit more. Clue: If I expanded it the other way, everyone would probably get it.

Re: Wherezit?

John Schapekahm
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Wherezit?

Looks like Georgetown and the depot / yards to me, looking down but towards the North.

Is that a "D&RG" 3000 series boxcar there on the middle track, 3rd from the right, among all those C&S cars?

Re: Wherezit?

Darel Leedy
Administrator
Think standard gauge Jim.

Re: Wherezit?

Todd Hackett
John Schapekahm wrote
Freight house in Golden ...
Yes!

This was going to be the next hint:

Here's the whole picture:

Re: Wherezit?

Darel Leedy
Administrator
Thanks Todd. I was letting that one play out. Clearly, anyone who would have looked in the file section of the blog would have found Rick's map of the Golden yard. Note the man made reservoir in the picture (railroad water supply).

Re: Wherezit?

John Schapekahm
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Wherezit?

Todd Hackett
John Schapekahm wrote
what year was your picture Todd ? - - - the "new" engine house addition was still standing
The photo had no date listed. The main clues seem to be the remaining roundhouse and block lettering on all of the boxcars. Does anyone know when the roundhouse was stripped back to just the 'new" stalls, or when they were demolished?
12