Where, What and Why? A Quiz.

Chris Walker

Picture from the DPL, link posted on correct answer.

Re: Where, What and Why? A Quiz.

Doug Heitkamp
Colorado, Pipe, Drain
Doug Heitkamp
Centennial, CO

Re: Where, What and Why? A Quiz.

Chris Walker
Doug Heitkamp wrote
Colorado, Pipe, Drain
 Right on all counts Doug !

Re: Where, What and Why? A Quiz.

Chris Walker
Clue:
Pertaining to a vauge question recently asked but as yet unanswered, on a related internet site.

Re: Where, What and Why? A Quiz.

Robert McFarland
Strontia Springs(Deansbury)?

Re: Where, What and Why? A Quiz.

Chris Walker
Yes, it is indeed Strontia Springs... formerly known as Deansbury.... and the outlet from the"Springs"..... in an answer to Robert's question elsewhere......

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/78165/rv/singleitem/rec/2596

The Gazebo that probably housed the"pool"...a glass of mineral water, perhaps?

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/77778/rv/singleitem/rec/187

based on that later it was walled in.

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/12765/rv/singleitem/rec/2596

An interesting aside to this....
the Switchstand there had both targets in light colours: Is this White over Yellow?

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/77778/rv/singleitem/rec/187

Re: Where, What and Why? A Quiz.

Robert McFarland
I was hoping that somebody would have some historical data to post about the springs.When I googled Strontia Springs all I could find was stuff on the recent dam and reservoir.

Re: Where, What and Why? A Quiz.

Chris Walker
You would be better off contacting the Jefferson County Historical Soc. and/or the Library https://historicjeffco.wordpress.com/

Re: Where, What and Why? A Quiz.

I was hoping that somebody would have some historical data to post about the springs.

Here you go, Robert.  Both from the Klingers' Platte Canon Memories . . . , chapter 2, "Lower Platte Canon":

Wish I could visit next week end--after this past work week in the hospital, I could sure use some of that "proper nourishment for brain and nerves" stuff. And with the special "family" group rate, I could bring along Jules, my butler.

And yet another tennis court Chris!  And they have a bowling alley, too.

Evidently, the "Springs" also offered their clients "Radium treatments" for a mere $5.00 per treatment (medical insurance and preauthorization were not mentioned).

Makes you wonder what happened to their Radium stores when the reservoir was built. Is the Denver Public Water radioactive? Does that explain legalized marijuana in Colorado? Widespread radiation sickness requiring medicinal weed?