The Ties Left Behind near Alpine Tunnel

Kurt Maechner
I was going back through photos of my last visit to the east portal of Alpine Tunnel and noticed how many shots I took of remaining ties on the roadbed.  Sadly, I know they are disintegrating with each year, and yet it still amazes me that so many remain 100 years after the last train rolled over them.  Here is just one of pics:

Sadly, some ties are so faint you may need to expand the photo to really pick them out-but they are there!

I've started a series of blog posts with the tie-related shots of that trip here.

Would love to see anyone else's tie-related photos of the C&S.

Enjoy!
Kurt

Re: The Ties Left Behind near Alpine Tunnel

Kurt Maechner
Here is part 2

Re: The Ties Left Behind near Alpine Tunnel

Kurt Maechner
Here is part 3

Re: The Ties Left Behind near Alpine Tunnel-last part

Kurt Maechner
And here is the last part.  Below is yours truly 15 years before the photos in the blog post.  If nothing else it proves I had hair at one time :)