The South Platte Hotel-how long until it's gone?

The South Platte Hotel-how long until it's gone?

Kurt Maechner
The South Platte Hotel along the C&S narrow gauge still stands, but barely.  The video in this post tells a bit of its history and the structure's current precarious situation.  C&S railroad book author Tom Klinger appears in part of the news spot as well.

Re: The South Platte Hotel-how long until it's gone?

Tim Schreiner
Thank you for posting this!

Re: The South Platte Hotel-how long until it's gone?

Kurt Maechner
Absolutely!  I found the video only because someone asked me the status of the hotel and, not having heard anything in a while, I searched around and found it.  Unfortunately, even people close to preservation in the area are not hopeful that the building will survive, as it likely would need to be moved.
Kurt

Re: The South Platte Hotel-how long until it's gone?

Monte Pearson
Agree thanks for the post.  If more info please post.

Thanks
Monte
Mlp