The Palisades

Chris Walker
Gentlemen, Savor this!

I present you with an unpublished view of the Palisades.

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll22/id/72284/rv/singleitem/rec/132

Re: The Palisades

Robert McFarland
Sorry,Chris,that one has been around for quite some time

Re: The Palisades

Rick Steele
Great Shot Chris, I like that one. Wouldn't you have liked to have been riding in that Pullman on the rear?

Ah, now we need to wait for a Google time machine....

Rick

Re: The Palisades

That photo is on p13 of the DSP&P Pictorial.

Re: The Palisades

Chris Walker
Drats.  Good job Robert for spotting that in your DSP&P Pictorial.

Still one very nice picture that isn't in any of the other books.  I was chuffed over the RPO.

Maybe I should show you this one then instead.

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/p15330coll21/id/7667/rv/singleitem/rec/137

Re: The Palisades

Robert McFarland
The RPO was built for the Colorado Central and later became one of the C&S 10-11-12 group according to  Hayes Hendricks.There's a picture of one of them in the picture of a DSP&P passenger train with 2 Congdon stacked engines entering the east portal of Alpine Tunnel.

Re: The Palisades

Chris Walker
Robert, have you found that second photo in your books yet?

The Palisade shot was also in the CRRA #12 The South Park Line by Chappell, Richardson & Hauck, and missed by me.

Re: The Palisades

Jim Courtney
But you can't magnify pictures in books and get this much detail!

Re: The Palisades

Chris Walker
Much agreed, Jim!  The full view, full enlargement is so much better.

Re: The Palisades

Robert McFarland
Now find the Fisher rail joiners in your second photo.

Re: The Palisades

Jim Courtney
You mean these??

You've made my point, Robert!

Re: The Palisades

Ah, now we need to wait for a Google time machine....

I believe that is a new App for the Apple watch.

Re: The Palisades

I've seen photo 2 on DPL before,but not in books.Check out Z-3421,which was taken near there.