Sticky: Swap Meet - Buy, Sell, Trade, Want

Sticky: Swap Meet - Buy, Sell, Trade, Want

Darel Leedy
Administrator
This post was updated on .
PLEASE READ!!! Post your C&S related memorabilia and modeling classifieds here. Plugs for related merchandise and services are OK. Please be sure to leave your contact information. Please keep all sale arrangements and associated communication off list by emailing directly to each other. Please change the title of your post to reflect the item for sale. Please delete your add when the transaction is complete. All posts older than 6 months will be deleted unless the creator updates the original. Thank you.

Re: Sticky: Swap Meet - Buy, Sell, Trade, Want

Norm Acker
This post was updated on .
Hi group, I have extra DCC hardware from DCC Specialties that I'd like to offer instead of listing them on eBay. These all work for wyes, turntables and reverse loops.

1 (one) PSX-AR, works with stall motor switch machines and incorporates a PowerShield circuit breaker. $40 and free shipping USPS First Class Mail.

SOLD: 3 (three) PSRev auto reversers, these preceded the model PSX-AR listed above. They're less fancy and have solder connections instead of screw terminals. $10 each (or $25 for all three) with free USPS First Class Mail.

Thanks for looking, Norm
normacker (at) yahoo (dot) com
Norm in Littleton, CO
 - on the C&S Silica Branch

Re: Sticky: Swap Meet - Buy, Sell, Trade, Want

Andy Keplinger
C&S DSP&P books for sale
 Book on Golden Colorado 10.00 Quick pic Book on C&S RGS phase 1 stock cars 15.00 Mac Poors DSP&P memorial EDITION 60. Plus shipping all in good condition. I have not mastered attaching photos yet on here. If you would like photos or more info contact me direct akep1963@gmail.com
Thanks Andy

Re: Sticky: Swap Meet - Buy, Sell, Trade, Want

Jim Courtney
This post was updated on .
For the past couple of years I've been cleaning out the model train closets, selling stuff on eBay. The goal is to find new homes for anything not Sn3 C&S.

It is time to liquidate my HOn3 collection of C&S brass, car kits and structure kits. This first listing is for the brass. I have come up with eBay listing prices based on my purchase receipts, BrassTrains.com's "Brass Guide" and recent eBay sales. Before listing on eBay, I thought that I'd try to keep these models "in the family" by offering them to Forum members. The Forum prices are discounted 13-25% below my planned eBay listing price (accounts for eBay fees saved).

Any of these items not sold by Halloween will be removed and listed on eBay.

Brass C&S Locomotives:

Key C&S locomotives.  Key imported C&S Cooke 2-6-0s and 2-8-0s between 1982 and 1985. All of them had smooth mechanisms but tend to run on the fast side. Aftermarket re-motoring/re-gearing kits were once offered by Wayne Weiss (locodoc.com), don't know if these are still available.

Key C&S Cooke B3-C number 6:

Mint condition, in original box. Pilot snowplow is in the box for winter operation over the passes.
eBay Listing Price = $650.00.  Forum price = $550.00

Key C&S Cooke B4-C number 58:

A rare model, only 50 made. Mint condition, original box.
eBay Listing Price = $695.00.  Forum price = $600.00

Key C&S Cooke B4-D number 69:

Also hard to find. Mint condition, orignal box with replacement of worn label.
eBay Listing Price = $695.00.  Forum price = $600.00

PSC C&S locomotives: PSC imported both unpainted and painted Cooke B3-Cs in 1998. These are the best running HOn3 locomotive that I've ever owned.

PSC C&S Cooke B3-C number 7, c1926-28:

This is a one of a kind brass-bash of C&S number 7 when assigned to the Clear Creek Local (Silver Plume to Denver and return) as well as in service Como to Leadville after Clear Creek passenger service ceased in 1927. The model is a PSC C&S number 7 "early version". A key tender shell has been mounted to the PSC Cooke tender frame. An Overland butterfly plow has been mounted to the pilot (the original boiler tube pilot is in the box, should you want to run summer excursions).

The headlight is an old PFM casting, the bottom is drilled and tapped for a 1.2 mm screw, which attaches the headlight to the bracket from the underside. Thus the headlight is removeable, the rear has been drilled out for micro bulb or LED leads.

If you don't fancy C&S number 7, two additional headlights, drilled and tapped as above, are provided. Both C&S 5 and C&S 8 carried the CB&Q box headlight (ala #69) in the 1920s. Both carried Pyle-type headlights with visors in the 1930s. Both headlights (by Weissman and PFM, respectively) are in the box and interchangeable on the locomotive.

The model has the original PSC box, bag of screws, etc.
eBay Listing Price = $695.00.  Forum price = $600.00

Brass C&S Rolling Stock:

PFM C&S Caboose 1006:

Of all the brass C&S bobbers in HOn3, the PFM model has the finest handrails, grab irons and ladders, compares favorably with the Grandt 1008 kit. Markers cored for bulbs or LRDs. Sergent HO scale couplers installed. In original box.
eBay Listing Price = $125.00.  Forum price = $100.00

Overland C&S Coach 74-76, 2 are available:

Both models mint condition, one is in original box, the other in a green Reboxx.
Prices for each coach are: eBay Listing Price = $275.00.  Forum price = $200.00

PSC CONX 8 tank car:

Mint condition, in original box. Free rolling Blackstone 4'-6" trucks have been mounted; the original sled-like trucks are in the box for the brass purist. A set of Thinfilm CONOCO decals (white) included.
eBay Listing Price = $200.00.  Forum price = $150.00

PSC CONX 10 tank car:

Mint condition, in original box. Free rolling Blackstone 4'-6" trucks have been mounted; the original sled-like trucks are in the box for the brass purist. Should be lettered for CONX 10 (CONX 11 was a D&RGW/RGS creature).
eBay Listing Price = $200.00.  Forum price = $150.00

Division Point CONX 38 tank car, 1930s, new:

Brand new in original box. Several tall, skinny dome CONOCO tanks cars of 1925 were used on the C&S. The silver paint scheme with dark green CONOCO banner is appropriate for about 1930-1938.
eBay Listing Price = $250.00.  Forum price = $200.00

MicroTrains Freight Cars:

Not brass but very nice models, out of production for quite a while, getting hard to find.

C&S SUF coal cars, button scheme:

All grab irons and stirrup steps were installed , new Grandt brake wheels, uncoupling levers installed for accuracy. Sergent HO scale couplers applied to the cars and Motrax coal loads installed in each. Microtrains only produced the button scheme cars in two numbers, as shown in the photos. Both in their original clear plastic cases.
For each car, eBay Listing Price = $60.00 each.  Forum price = $50.00 each, both for $90.00

C&S SUF Reefers, button scheme:

New Grandt brake wheels/staffs installed for accuracy.  Sergent HO scale couplers applied to the cars' underframes. C&S numbers 1113 and 1116 available as in photo.  Both in their original clear plastic cases.
For each car, eBay Listing Price = $60.00 each.  Forum price = $50.00 each, both for $90.00

Terms of Sale:
Contact me directly at jcourtmd@aol.com.

This isn't an auction, first to contact me has first dibs on a given model. Anyone with an Overland Sn3 B4-D 2-8-0 number 69, that they would offer in trade, jumps to the head of the line. I prefer payment by PayPal "friends and family" (I consider this to be my C&S family). Shipping is on me.

Again, anything not sold by Halloween will be removed and listed on eBay.

A list of C&S rolling stock and structure kits in HO scale will go up October 1st.

Jim Courtney
Poulsbo, WA

Re: Sticky: Swap Meet - Buy, Sell, Trade, Want

Jim Courtney
This post was updated on .
Well, this post of HOn3 C&S stuff for sale has been up for 4 weeks.

There has been no interest expressed, for any item.

So last chance--if no one is interested by Sunday 10/17/21, all the stuff goes on eBay.

Jim
Jim Courtney
Poulsbo, WA

Re: Sticky: Swap Meet - Buy, Sell, Trade, Want

Jeff Young
Wow, I hope us C&S HOn3 guys aren't a dying breed.

(I'd be interested but I have my fleet pretty well constructed; just need to get more track down to run it on.)

Re: Sticky: Swap Meet - Buy, Sell, Trade, Want

Jim Courtney
Yes Jeff,

And you really need to post more photos of your scenery!
Jim Courtney
Poulsbo, WA

Re: Sticky: Swap Meet - Buy, Sell, Trade, Want

Wayne Taylor
HOn3 is definitely a dying breed but there are still a lot of us around.  I saw these listing when they first came out but all the brass seem to be overpriced.