Souther/Globe locomotive at Golden

Todd Hackett
Someone just linked to this photo on the NGDF. It has what appears to be one of the early locomotives from Souther's Globe Locomotive Works.

Re: Souther/Globe locomotive at Golden

Robert McFarland
I believe I might have posted this question before, but when were the CC engines built?Internet research seems to indicate Souther stopped building locomotives before (or during) the Civil War.What gauge were they originally?Could Jeff Ramsey be right in suggesting that one of them was used as the original Como stationary boiler?

Re: Souther/Globe locomotive at Golden

Robert McFarland
There are two photos of the Golden roundhouse in DSP&P Pictorial(p189 original)