Running Gulch, Lode & Hoisthouse.

Chris Walker
Been held up on completing this, as usual I hit the wall at the dead-end.

C&S Trackage Valuation Map portion from
Colorado Central Rail Road by Abbott-McCoy-McLeod: Sundance Publications

Google Maps Black Hawk.

Lidar imagery of this now filled-in location.  The grade of the upper switchback thankfully survives the onslaught.

DPL C-55

This Joseph Collier view from the DPL C-54, looking down on Bridge 57(CCRR).

Perhaps Keith Pashina might add to this in regards to the Mill visible? My thoughts were based on the roofline and Flume, that it would be the New York Mill.

Apparently a Lumber delivery was made here one day.  Since the Trestle bracing doesn't appear to be added-to in these early years, perhaps for building a Shafthouse?
DPL C-57

In this Alex Martin image, we see the Running Lode Shafthouse with a Spur for Coal delivery added. The standard Model Railroader one-car siding begging to be modelled; later extended to the(as yet unlocated) Montgomery Shaft.  Note the waste rock tramway running under Bridge 57 to the right; this was originally on trestlework, now filled in.

DPL Z-5327

An earlier view taken by Lachlan McLean showed the Shafthouse here did not originally have the  multi-sky-lighted shed extension added; that was prior to the coal Siding.
Some close-up details of the early coal-slide cladding.

Excerpt enlargement of Lachlan McLean photo showing the later Coalhouse built at the base of the coal-slide. Steps have now been cut into the soft hillside.

Lachlan McLean photo.

Inside the ore sorting and dressing addition to the Shafthouse, the original outside wall of the Boiler room clearly seen. The large winding rope drum overhead the tramway suggests(to me) that maybe the waste dump trackage may have descended Running Gulch down to a staging area for teaming to any Mill there.
Lachlan McLean photo.

In this view at the outwash of Running Gulch, there is an appearance of an Incline grading, possibly for the dressed ore from the Shafthouse.
Keith, are there any other views taken opposite the New York?
DPL K-222

DPL L-219  Harry Lake view with the new extended siding to the Montgomery Shafthouse.

Re: Running Gulch, Lode & Hoisthouse.

Jim Courtney
Thanks so much for putting all this together, Chris.

You're right, the whole scene with the C&S trestle and the mill(s), is very model worthy.

For some reason this location always reminds me of the "Mill Trestle" on the D&RG, just north of Ouray.