RIP Don Meeker

Hi, sad to report that Don Meeker has passed away a couple of hours ago of a heart condition. Details are sketchy at this point, but I wanted to pass this along so you will be aware. Don was a Principle in Model Masterpieces and later Colorado Scale Models. He worked for years on Saturdays at Caboose Hobbies and was known by almost everyone in the Denver Modeling community. I'll post more information as it becomes available.

I heard today that Don was in the hospital for a heart issue and developed Pneumonia.

Re: RIP Don Meeker

Tim Schreiner
Wow, that is a shock. So sorry to hear this.

Re: RIP Don Meeker

Bill Uffelman
It was a visit to Don's at the first Denver NG Convention that convinced me I was right to build a layout based on the C&S and its predecessors. His passing makes me painfully aware that I will be 77 in July and need to scale back some of my NG layout ambitions.

RIP Don and condolences to his family.

Re: RIP Don Meeker

Sad news indeed. I enjoyed many hours operating the north end of DUT on Don's layout. He was always forthcoming with C&S plans and data when asked. I learned a lot from him.