Pine

Doug Heitkamp
So, this afternoon the wife and I took a detour instead of going to Railroad Days in Como. We decided to follow the Platte and swing by Pine, Buffalo, and parts beyond. In Pine, we stopped at the Pine Emporium (Antique/Thrift/Gift Shop) and had a nice talk with the owner. Before you know it we were talking railroad things and I was able to get copies of the following pictures. Enjoy!

Doug Heitkamp
Centennial, CO

Re: Pine

Steve Black
Very cool photos Doug.  Thanks for posting those.

Steve
Steve Black Springdale, AR

Re: Pine

Kurt Maechner
Very cool photos!  Does anyone know where the new Pine gondola is on display relative to the locations in the photos?

Re: Pine

Doug Heitkamp
The Gondolas are on the west end of town, right next to the road. You can’t miss them. One is a D&RGW Drop Bottom gondola, the other is a typical D&RGW stake side gondola.
Doug Heitkamp
Centennial, CO

Re: Pine

Kurt Maechner
I didn't know they had two gondolas now.  Do you know when the second one came?

Re: Pine

Doug Heitkamp
Re: Gondola's - I have no idea.
Doug Heitkamp