Oscar Perschbacher's adventures on the C&S

Oscar Perschbacher's adventures on the C&S

Kurt Maechner
I learned some fun anecdotes from an old interview with C&S conductor Oscar Perschbacher. I summarized a few of them in this blog post. He worked the line over Boreas and on to Leadville. He also spent time at Alpine Tunnel and on the Clear Creek Line.
Enjoy,
Kurt

Perschbacher worked on the crew that built the two-story boarding house at Alpine Tunnel station.

Re: Oscar Perschbacher's adventures on the C&S

Tim Schreiner
Very interesting read, thank you for sharing.

Re: Oscar Perschbacher's adventures on the C&S

Kurt Maechner
Thanks, Tim! I wish I could read the full interview of Perschbacher somewhere. Must be tons of good stories in there.

Re: Oscar Perschbacher's adventures on the C&S

I believe the engineer on #76 for that last run was Joe Delaney.