Model Railroad Craftsman

John McCutcheon
Model Railroad Craftsman latest issue states that there are drawing for a small C&S DEPOT in the up coming issue. Don't know much else about the article

Re: Model Railroad Craftsman

Robert McFarland
Model Railroad Craftsman?

Re: Model Railroad Craftsman

Todd Hackett
Robert McFarland wrote
Model Railroad Craftsman?
I think it's pretty obvious he's referring to Railroad Model Craftsman. People often transpose those words in the name. Their web page for the July 2019 issue lists "Scratchbuild a Western Depot
by Brian Kutheis — Drawings for a small Colorado & Southern station inspired the author to scratchbuild this simple train station for his narrow gauge railroad." It doesn't say whether the depot in question is from the standard gauge or narrow gauge, or whether drawings of the prototype depot will be included or just information on the model inspired from those drawings. I don't think there's a store that I can drive to that carries this or any other model railroad publications, so I'll never know unless someone looks it and lets us know.

Re: Model Railroad Craftsman

Keith Hayes
It is probably Dulce.

Re: Model Railroad Craftsman

Chris Walker
Keith Hayes wrote
It is probably Dulce.
Heathen!

Re: Model Railroad Craftsman

Grocery  stores affiliated with Kroger often carry RMC.The larger Dillons stores in Wichita carry them.

Re: Model Railroad Craftsman

Geoff Hamway
Todd,
FWIW, my RMC arrived yesterday and the depot is "based on" Forks Creek (although sacrilegiously painted in Rio Grande colors!).  It includes Harry Brunk's drawings, reproduced from a 1980 "Gazette" article.  I hope that helps you decide whether or not to search out a copy of the magazine.
Geoff Hamway

Re: Model Railroad Craftsman

You might try Barnes&Noble for RMC and the NG&SL Gazette

Re: Model Railroad Craftsman

Todd Hackett
Geoff Hamway wrote
...the depot is "based on" Forks Creek (although sacrilegiously painted in Rio Grande colors!).  It includes Harry Brunk's drawings, reproduced from a 1980 "Gazette" article.  I hope that helps you decide whether or not to search out a copy of the magazine...
I wasn't expecting to want to buy it, but this confirms. Thanks.
And Robert, there are no Kroger affiliates, Dillons, or Barns & Noble that I can get to without a commercial airline flight. Fortunately, I don't need to look at it based on Geoff's info.

Re: Model Railroad Craftsman

Robert McFarland
What about King Soopers?

Re: Model Railroad Craftsman

Todd Hackett
Robert McFarland wrote
What about King Soopers?
That would be a Kroger affiliate, so no. There are two Safeway stores, two Walmarts and two Targets, all an hour or more away, and I'll look next time I'm at those, but I don't remember seeing magazines at any of them. My local grocery stores are Foodland and KTA.

Re: Model Railroad Craftsman

Paul R.
Hello all,
The latest S gaugian has an S plan of the Forks Creek eating house and a short construction article by Dan Kempf. Paul R.