Looking for UPD&G boxcar photos

Jim Courtney
Hi folks,

On of my many projects under construction is an Sn3 model of one of the first order (1897) St Charles boxcars that were added to the roster in the spring and summer of 1898. They were initially lettered for the UPD&G, numbers 6500-6524. When the new C&S emerged from the receiverships in January of 1899, these cars were renumbered C&S 7722-7746, though some still carried their UPD&G lettering until 1902-1903.

Photos of these cars in the first decade are rare as hens teeth. I have only two, both cropped and fairly poor quality:

This photo of UPD&G 6514 was taken at the Como stock pens during the winter of 1898-1899. It was published in Goin' Railroading, page 37, and in one of Derrell Poole's magazine articles.

This image is from a larger photo by Otto Westerman, that included the Como depot and hotel, cropped out from the right frame. The same photo also appears in Goin' Railroading, page 97, with the boxcar cropped out of the photo. There appears to be only UPD&G lettering and number on the end door, c.1898-1900.

I've looked in most all of my books and on DPL, and can't find the original images.

Does anyone have a better copy of either photo? Or, better yet, any other photos of these unique box cars?

Thanks, Jim in Poulsbo