Inspiration

Jeff Young
It doesn't say where this is, but it's still a great picture for weathering inspiration:

Re: Inspiration

Chris Walker
I wholly agree Jeff.

I too coveted the weathering inspiration of the American West, brought about in part by exposure to the (unusual at the time) all-colour book Taken By The Wind.  Even to running around this country and photographing as many old buildings as I could in the 80's.

Btw, that's the old mining town of Bodie, Eastern California.

Re: Inspiration

Thanks, Jeff! That picture sure looks better on my new computer screen than on my phone! I should be back to fully operational very soon. I am now a MAC user, and still have a lot to learn in my transition. If that word is still in the acceptable conventional lexicon.

Re: Inspiration

Ken Martin
Bodie is a nice place to wander, lots to see.
I don't know when the first picture was taken but here is a shot of the same buildings in 2010.

Ken Martin

Re: Inspiration

Jeff Young
I should have known it was Bodie, but the brick building threw me.  (I had it as a timber-only town in my mind's eye.)

Re: Inspiration

Jeff Young
Congrats on the Mac Mike!

I moved back to a Mac the second I retired. ;)

Re: Inspiration

Chris Walker
Keith asked about chipped and peeling paint.

As a long-time Gazette reader, I wowed over the modelling of Nash and Greenberg, and later, Joe Crea and Chuck Doan.  I'd say that Chuck would have to be the absolute Master at this craft.

His Flickr photostream has many inspiring images. See here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/45518221@N00

Re: Inspiration

Jeff Young
Indeed, I've always been a huge fan of Chuck Doan's work.