Hay Ranch section house

Tim Schreiner
Any chance that a photo exists of the infamous section house at Hay Ranch exists?  This is where a lady who what a caretaker of the house was murdered.

Re: Hay Ranch section house

Southpark
A Hay Ranch back story.  While my wife and I were digging up info for our book on the South Platte in about 2005 I came across an article in the Fairplay Flume dated Aug. 19, 1913 titled "Murder At Hay Ranch"(100 years ago this past Aug.).  I had never heard of this before.  Anyway several more articles came to light about the murder.  I would suggest you check Colorado Historic Newspapers, Fairplay Flume, Park County.  In finding this, about a week later we stopped at the Mountain Man Gallery & post office in Como to pick up stamps and visit with the then owner Ricke Ramsetter as to what was new in Como.  She was "Mrs. Como". She was all excited, she always kept some notes for me if anyone came in who had any connection to Como, that "a party had been in asking about a murder on the railroad".  My gosh!  At that point she had not heard of the Hay Ranch murder.  She was not able to give any info to the party and they said they were going to Fairplay to walk the cemetery.  Sorry to say Ricke did not get the folks name!  So, there is still a chapter to be written on the murder.  Who were these folks, I think they were from out of state?  That is for you folks to track down!  There are stories yet to be told from Como and the railroad. Tom Klinger

Re: Hay Ranch section house

Tim Schreiner
Very interesting! Thank you for sharing.