Dome Rock depot

Kurt Maechner
I've heard that the Dome Rock depot in Platte Canyon is still in existence as a house.  Does anyone know if this is true?  Does anyone have a photo?
Thanks,
Kurt

Re: Dome Rock depot

Rick Steele
Hi Kurt,

I am not sure about Dome Rock, but the last thing that I heard is that the Estabrook Depot is still in existence and being used as a dwelling. The last time that I saw it, it had been added on to but the basic structure was still there.

Estabrook was renamed and is now part of Bill Berger's estate called "Rivercliffe". It was a private fishing club and owned by Denver Attorney Francis Button and his wife. It was later sold to Tony and Sally Malgeri before sold to Berger (of Berger Funds investment). I knew both the Button's and Malgeri's but not Berger. Of course when it was sold to Berger, it became Private Property, Trespassing Prohibited as with most of the 1%ers.

For those of  you into Colorado History, Rivercliffe (aka Estabrook) was mentioned in Pete Smythe's book Big City Dropout. For those of you who don't remember, Pete Smythe was a Radio and Television Personality on KOA Radio and TV. He had a daily radio program "Pete Smythe's General Store" on every weekday morning. The premise was that he was the proprietor of Pete Smythe's General Store in East Tincup, Colorado. There was later a tourist attraction located near Magic Mountain (later Heritage Square) in Golden, Colorado called "East Tincup".

Rick