DPL : Tile increment not loading problem.

DPL : Tile increment not loading problem.

Chris Walker

I'm having trouble with the Tiles not loading in Photograph search, ie several sections of enlarged photographs not loading.

I'm getting the dreaded redX inside a box and it is happening with IE and Chrome browsers.  My ISP helpdesk tried same and got same using Firefox.  Right Clicking on the redX, clicking Show Picture does not work as elsewhere on the net.

Is anyone up in the Northern Hemisphere experiencing same issue with the DPL.?  This problem has been 48hrs ongoing.

This is mostly happening in the "Full Browser" mode and the not loaded tile isn't always the same segment at differing levels of zoom.

Re: DPL : Tile increment not loading problem.

Jeff Young
Hi Chris,

Is it always the same tiles, or do the red X’s move around?

If they move around, it could be that the connection is too slow and your browser is timing out, or that you have some bad cached images (either locally or at your service provider).

You could try clearing your browser cache and see if that helps.

If it’s always the same tile in the image, send me a link and I’ll see if it happens for me.

Cheers,
Jeff.

Re: DPL : Tile increment not loading problem.

Chris Walker
Jeff,

it varies as to the level of zoom.   Seems to be in the same spot in IE 9.  Switching to Chrome, it was the entire  bottom of the picture.  Chrome has no rightclick/show picture "fix".  I rang my ISP and he tried, got the same on whatever he looked at with Firefox.  I'm wondering if it is the latest effort from Nortens as the last full system scan took out a lot of things like all my passwords and logins etc along with silly stuff like the internet activity notification on the toolbar.

I gotta get to bed, it's nearly 1am.

Re: DPL : Tile increment not loading problem.

Jeff Young
Each browser has its own cache, so it doesn’t sound like it’s something on your machine.

When you say you ISP guy got the same result when he tried, do you mean on his machine?  If that’s the case, then the issue is probably your ISP’s dispatcher caches.  Good luck getting them to clean those up….

Cheers,
Jeff.

On 26 Aug 2015, at 13:27, Chris Walker [via C&Sn3 Discussion Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Jeff,

it varies as to the level of zoom.   Seems to be in the same spot in IE 9.  Switching to Chrome, it was the entire  bottom of the picture.  Chrome has no rightclick/show picture "fix".  I rang my ISP and he tried, got the same on whatever he looked at with Firefox.  I'm wondering if it is the latest effort from Nortens as the last full system scan took out a lot of things like all my passwords and logins etc along with silly stuff like the internet activity notification on the toolbar.

I gotta get to bed, it's nearly 1am.

http://c-sn3-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/DPL-Tile-increment-not-loading-problem-tp3283p3285.html
To start a new topic under C&Sn3 Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from C&Sn3 Discussion Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: DPL : Tile increment not loading problem.

Doug Heitkamp
I was having trouble last night even getting searches to load, following links, etc. Me thinks the problem may be on their end.

Doug

Doug Heitkamp
Centennial, CO

Re: DPL : Tile increment not loading problem.

Chris Walker
Apparently this problem is no more

Re: DPL : Tile increment not loading problem.

Jeff Young
The dispatcher caches (whether at DPL, your ISP, or somewhere in between) can have an expiry date, which means any stale/corrupt data will be “self-cleaned” at some point.  But usually they’re set to some number of minutes or hours; it’s odd to see it correct itself a day or so later.

Then again, maybe I’ve just got the wrong end of the stick.  I don’t much bother keeping up with this stuff since I retired. ;)

Cheers,
Jeff.

http://c-sn3-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/DPL-Tile-increment-not-loading-problem-tp3283p3300.html