C&Sn3 Forum Contributors in this month's NG&SL Gazette

C&Sn3 Forum Contributors in this month's NG&SL Gazette

My Sept/Oct Gazette was in the mailbox when I got home from work this morning.

I was pleasantly surprised to find impressive work by two of out frequent contributors:

Bob Stears has 2 pages of S scale drawings of the Colorado Midland Hanrahan Reefers, including the later "Midland Route" lettering and rebuild versions as "Ventilated Vegetable Cars" and "Express Reefers". Capping of Bob's plans are photos of his prize winning Proto:48 scratch built models of three of the versions drawn.

A few pages further on, there is an excellent set of HO scale plans for the D&RGW depot atop Marshall Pass, the one that protruded out of the snowsheds.  The plans were researched and drawn by our own Jeff Young.

Great work, gentlemen!

Re: C&Sn3 Forum Contributors in this month's NG&SL Gazette

Jeff Young
Thanks, Jim!

Re: C&Sn3 Forum Contributors in this month's NG&SL Gazette

Robert Stears
Thanks very much Jim.

I have been working on a small collection of Proto:48 (Proto:48) standard gauge C&S, Colorado Midland, and D&RG freight equipment to enhance my c.1900 On3 Leadville operation.

If they group is interested I will post some photos of models in progress.

Thanks again,
Bob

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 25, 2016, at 11:42 AM, Jim Courtney [via C&Sng Discussion Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

My Sept/Oct Gazetted was in the mailbox when I got home from work this morning.

I was pleasantly surprized to find impressive work by two of out frequent contributors:

Bob Stears has 2 pages of S scale drawings of the Colorado Midland Hanrahan Reefers, including the later "Midland Route" lettering and rebuild versions as "Ventilated Vegetable Cars" and "Express Reefers". Capping of Bob's plans are photos of his prize winning Proto:48 scratch built models of three of the versions drawn.

A few pages further on, there is and excellent set of HO scale plans for the D&RGW depot atop Marshall Pass, the one that protruded out of the snowsheds.  The plans were researched and drawn by our own Jeff Young.

Great work, gentlemen!

http://c-sng-discussion-forum.41377.n7.nabble.com/C-Sn3-Forum-Contributors-in-this-month-s-NG-SL-Gazette-tp6251.html
To start a new topic under C&Sng Discussion Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from C&Sng Discussion Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: C&Sn3 Forum Contributors in this month's NG&SL Gazette

Jim Courtney
If they group is interested I will post some photos of models in progress.

Are you kidding? Of course we would like to see photos of your Leadville standard gauge freight roster!
You might even inspire Keith to add a bit of dual gauge track to his version of Leadville.

I'd love to see more photos of your Colorado Midland standard gauge reefers as well.

Jim

Re: C&Sn3 Forum Contributors in this month's NG&SL Gazette

Robert Stears wrote
... If they group is interested I will post some photos of models in progress....
Absolutely!

Cheers,
Jeff.

Re: C&Sn3 Forum Contributors in this month's NG&SL Gazette

Lee Gustafson
Jeff,

Yes, please post photos of your models and work. Thanks.

Lee Gustafson

Re: C&Sn3 Forum Contributors in this month's NG&SL Gazette

Lee Gustafson
That should have read "Robert, yes please post photos"

Lee Gustafson

Re: C&Sn3 Forum Contributors in this month's NG&SL Gazette

El Gringo Grande
Mr Young has been a busy boy. You'll see his stub switch article in the 2016 HOn3 Annual in the next few weeks.

Chris Lane

Re: C&Sn3 Forum Contributors in this month's NG&SL Gazette

Jeff Young
Hi Chris,

Great to see you 'round these parts.  I think you'll find this a fairly active community of C&S nut-heads.

Cheers,
Jeff.