C&S Modeling ~ "Back Home Again"

Hi all,

Several of you may remember me as an On3 C&S modeler and volunteer on various displays and at the CRRM long ago in the  the '80's.

To make a long story short, I moved from Boulder to Northern Virginia in '88, and took up modeling D&RGW for a couple of decades in whatever time I had.

I now live in North Alabama. Back in '09, I was inspired by Rob Smith's work with some old )n3 Cooke Moguls and bought one and converted it into C&S #7, from that great old picture from 1899 when it was rolled out of the shops in C&S Livery.

Then two years ago I was able to reacquire my old #537, and ever since then I've been working on a lot of C&S modeling and enjoying it immensely.

To this point I have not really commisserated much with the larger C&S "family", but it will be good to keep up with old friends and new friends through this forum. Thanks to D&D for making it available and welcoming me back into the family, a true prodigal son.

Mike Trent
Scottsboro, AL

Re: C&S Modeling ~ "Back Home Again"

Tim Schreiner
Glad to see you posting her Mike!! One of the On3 "Outlaws"!  : )

Re: C&S Modeling ~ "Back Home Again"

Derrell Poole
Here! Here!

welcome (back) Mike. Your input will be of great value!

Re: C&S Modeling ~ "Back Home Again"

Darel Leedy
Administrator
Welcome home Mike!

Re: C&S Modeling ~ "Back Home Again"

Got any photos of #7 and 537 to post?

Re: C&S Modeling ~ "Back Home Again"

Rick Steele
Hey Mak,

Welcome back. It's been a long time.

Rick

Re: C&S Modeling ~ "Back Home Again"

You haven't changed a bit, I see! Well, maybe a new hat.....

Re: C&S Modeling ~ "Back Home Again"

DRGWK37
Nice to see you post here Mike.  Although I model the D&RGW my hope from this list is to learn some good modeling techniques as well as learn something about the C&SNG.  From your work and other folks work that has been posted on this site is really inspiring.  Nice to see you found your roots and I look forward to your future posts.

William
aka drgwk37