At The Lake

Re: At The Lake

Robert McFarland
Dont forget the crocs and the atomic sharks!!!!

Re: At The Lake

OK, Jeff,

Enough with the beaver teasing -- show us more of that beautiful scenery.

Re: At The Lake

South Park
  Scenery, yes .... but let's see where those windows are going and
how that project is going to work.  Kudos to you for building those
right.  Most lazy slobs just rip out the old ones and stuff in moderns.

Re: At The Lake

John Greenly
Jeff,

I second S.P. on this.  Those windows and doors look like beautiful clean precise work, it'd be great to see them installed.

But that pond scene...  just exquisite.  Really stunning.  Would you possibly consider someday making a video of your techniques?  I'd be the first to sign up for a copy!

Cheers,
John
John Greenly
Lansing, NY

Re: At The Lake

skip
Jeff Young wrote
I've also been beavering away a little on a... well, what else to beavers do?

Ok Jeff, Someone's got to say it...
That's one dam fine bit of scenery!

Skip Egdorf
Los Alamos, NM
Skip Egdorf

Re: At The Lake

There used to be a good sized beaver dam at the end of the Ohio Creek Pass railroad grade.

Re: At The Lake

Hey SP,

Those windows & doors are actually for new build, but I did indeed hone my skills doing repairs.  Here are a few pics of the basement windows.

Rotten cill and lower section of weight box removed:

New cill; weight box repaired with polyester filler:

New trim spliced in over weight box:

Sash repair.  Some new timber, some old:

Me and my mates Gerry and Paul.  Judging by the way we're dressed it's probably summer.

Re: At The Lake

South Park
  By the deafening sound of silence around this forum, everybody must
have moved over to Facebook or be at the lake ...

  My 12":1' modeling saw the hickory spokes replaced in my truck's wheels,
and with that done, I was driving the wheels off it for the past two months.

  Sadly, no narrow gauge railroad was encountered during any of this, no
South Park artifacts found.

Re: At The Shop.

Howdy SthPark,

good to see your productivity   Those last three images of Forest, Palouse and Scabland just makes me yearn to get back to see that again.....but that never goin' to happen.

Putting in a new Turnout to the Shop, here.  Even scratchbuilt the Rails and of course, the Groundthrow patterned after a Diamond&Caldor prototype.

Re: At The Lake -- or the Canal

Hey South Park,

No C&S stuff happening in Poulsbo, either.

The kitchen remodel project wrapped up yesterday, only 4 weeks behind schedule. I'm still moving stuff out of my future train room and back into the house.

We're having beautiful, clear and crisp fall weather here on the Hood Canal. The Quilcene Range and the Olympics beyond are gorgeous -- but no snow yet:

I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night. We had a big, perfect full moon for Halloween. No Trick-or-Treaters this far out in the country, but all the singing at the Bangor sub base next door kept me awake.

There are a couple of big Ohio class Trident subs in port. Our local harbor seals like to crawl up onto the hull and sun bathe in the bright fall sunshine:

At night they like to "sing by the light of the moon . . ."

Re: At The Lake -- or the shores of the South Platte

Keith Hayes
Sorry, Espee, life has just gotten in the way.

First there was COVID, then getting folks into the office, next the fires, then the snow, and then a window to blow out the sprinkers, rake the leaves and dispose of them. In the middle of this, the kid returned home for a long weekend and my wife broke her wrist. [Insert jobsite safety lecture here, notably don't climb inside the recycling bin in an effort to compact the contents!]. All the while, the boys are at a loss regarding what to do next.

One is thinking we need to finish installing the Sound Cars in the Waycar fleet; another wants to get going on the decoder install on 346; yet another fellow wants to get started on the helix. There is the matter of figuring out Decoder Pro--that has been a four-year odyssey and not a fun one. And to get the helix started, we really need to test the return loop and make sure the turnouts are working purr-fectly. Does anyone make a nice resistor test stand to determine what 'size' resistor is best matched to a particular LED?

I like to tell clients that sometimes a person not in the room has a voice on their project--usually the fire department or a banker. In my case, it is the very young lady who broke her wrist: the good news in this case is that one of her 'honey-do' items is to clean out the garage. This will make it much easier to move the table saw and router table about to take on the fabrication of the helix parts. Then maybe she can direct me to "Marie Kondo" the surplus items in the train room.

In the mean time the boys will probably take this down the street to Joe Hocevar's Saloon and I will continue to be my wife's right hand. Literally.

Re: At The Lake -- or the shores of the South Platte

Doug Heitkamp
Not much going on here. Your Forum Master and I managed to escape for some Mexican food! Muy Bueno!

Doug Heitkamp
Centennial, CO

Re: At The Lake -- or the shores of the South Platte

Chris Walker
Not much going on here. Your Forum Master and I

Hmmm.......Who are those old guys?

Re: At The Lake -- or the shores of the South Platte

Jerry Huck
Well there was this boxcar see.....

C&S 8179 moved to Como for restoration,

Jerry