Argo Mine Site Re-development

usairman737
Interesting reference in today's Denver Post regarding "...Argo Mine in Idaho Springs where investors are planing a $70 million tourist-based mixed use development".

Gerry

Re: Argo Mine Site Re-development

Re: Argo Mine Site Re-development

Jeff Young
The North London Mine site is amongst jaw-dropping scenery.  Still don’t know what you’d do with it, though.

(Pity the winter skiing plan didn’t work out.  Breck has the same problem with the new Peak 6: too much wind leaves not enough snow.)

Cheers,
Jeff

Re: Argo Mine Site Re-development

ComoDepot
The only snow in Breck currently is man made.

I had an interesting chat with a guy who is a non active member of the society who moved to Breck 45 years ago, then a one bar town and the nearest Supermarket was Denver or Leadville. No I70 and only serious skiers came up and then mainly for spring skiing.

I wish them well but have no idea how you could logically operate that area above London Junction, had somebody come by in a Jeep Rubicon in June who had tried to go over the pass and gave up, too dangerous.

Re: Argo Mine Site Re-development

Jeff Young
Just pulled up the Breck mountain cams; it does look a little bleak.  Not to worry, though, we won’t be out till Feb. ;)

Cheers,
Jeff.