Another "Back home again"

Tim Schreiner
Since Mike Trent posted about return. I thought I would share a story about one model that once was lost, but now is found. Some of you know that I once a long time ago, I had built a very large On3 C&S layout in a furniture store that my friend Connie, and I opened in Oklahoma. One of the main center points of the display was my Como yard, and the coaling trestle, and chutes that I built. The model was at that time my greatest achievement. When we had to close down the store. I had to sell everything to pay off debts, and other bills. It broke my heart having to sell it, along with other models. A couple years went by, and I managed to get a hold of the gentleman who I sold it to, and asked if he would sell it back to me. After a couple attempts at persuation, and over a period of several months. I finally was able to purchase it back. Unfortunately what arrived was basically a box wood pieces. The trestle was gone, and only a few bents remained. The chutes, and covered structure were in shambles. Truthfully this turned out to be a positive thing, as I rebuilt it with more detail that before, and improved the support structure. I still need to rebuild the trestle with track, and build a layout to give it a home again. I'll share some photos from when it was on my layout, and to where it now resides with me in Arizona.

Re: Another "Back home again"

Darel Leedy
Administrator
Thanks for sharing Tim. I've many models I sold and now wish I had back. So I understand your joy, excitement and enthusiasm to get the coaling trestle back together. Beautiful model Tim and something you should be proud of.
What are your plans for the future layout?

Re: Another "Back home again"

Tim Schreiner
I was able to get back a few of my models, and replace a few others. There are a couple yet that I haven't been able to buy back, or find. Those still haunt me!

Re: Another "Back home again"

Thanks for posting those pics Tim. That was a great layout, I wish I could have seen it in person.

And getting that Coaling trestle back is a great thing. You did a truly excellent job on it, and when it's all back together again it will be even better.

Snow in Alabama today. Might have to fire up the rotary.

Re: Another "Back home again"

Bill M
Agreed on all points. Beautiful modeling and thanks for sharing!